The five most important retail tech news stories of the week
It’s Friday, the week is nearly done, so let’s kick back and reflect on another eventful week for the retail technology space. Here's your briefing on some of the most important and interesting stories from the past five days.
1. Decathlon and Barclaycard announce Click and Connect trial
Barclaycard has partnered with Decathlon to create a Click and Collect service for hiking fans at the retailer’s Surrey Quays store in London.
2. Iceland hails successful reverse vending machines trial
Iceland says that it has recycled more than a million plastic bottles since launching a trial of reverse vending machines in May 2018.
3. Morpheus Ventures heads up Starship Technologies funding round
Autonomous robot delivery company Starship Technologies has secured $40 million in Series A funding.
4. Danish retail billionaire Lars Larsen, founder of Jysk, passes away
5. New tech ideas: Domino's Innovation Garage opens its doors
Domino's Pizza has opened an Innovation Garage where its teams can collaborate on, create and test new technology ideas.