Six retailers that are so innovative right now
These retailers are leading the way in providing technology that is one step ahead of their customers’ expectations.
1. Arvind Fashions gets personal with Nucleus Vision
Indian clothing retail chain Arvind Fashions has inked an MoU with IoT and blockchain venture, Nucleus Vision, for a pilot project across its GAP, Nautica and U.S. Polo Assn. stores.
2. ASICS takes Narvar technology to Europe
After deploying Narvar’s Ship & Track solution in North America, ASICS is now rolling it out to 11 European markets. It is also implementing the company’s Return offering.
3. AliExpress taps into Klarna Pay later offering
4. Ocado stumps up £4.75m for stake in Karakuri
Ocado has acquired a minority stake in UK robotics firm Karakuri, its first investment in a tech startup. It led a £7 million seed round with an equity investment of £4.75 million for 18% of the company and will take a seat on the board.
5. Sobeys green lights another CFC
Ocado Solutions and Sobeys have inked a deal to build a second Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC) in Pointe-Claire, Montreal.
6. Shop Direct announces customer service innovation initiative
Shop Direct has launched a ‘customer closeness’ centre at its Liverpool head office.