10 more big retail tech plays in 2019
These innovative retail tech initiatives should be on your radar right now. At the end of the year, we will be putting together a shortlist of the coolest tech plays in 2019 and asking our judging panel to vote for their favourites across various categories. Stay tuned for more info on that.
1. SBI Ripple Asia announces MoneyTap in-store payments trial
SBI Ripple Asia, a subsidiary of Japanese financial giant SBI Holdings, is testing out blockchain-powered in-store payments using its MoneyTap app.
2. Zippin cashierless store gets a facelift
Zippin has reopened its checkout-free concept store in San Francisco.
3. jisp issues jispGO promotional video
Frictionless shopping startup jisp has launched an introductory video about its jispGO solution, which taps NFC stickers and the company’s tap&go app.
4. Benfica scores a crypto first with UTRUST tie up
Portugal’s Benfica has become the first major European football club to accept cryptocurrency payments.
5. Dixy signs on with blockchain-powered trade finance system
Russian supermarket chain Dixy is onboard with a recently launched Ethereum-based trade finance platform.
6. Cash@Maxx rolls out ‘futuristic’ Fastbitcoins tech
7. Amazon Fashion introduces StyleSnap
8. Sainsbury's announces reverse vending recycling trial
Sainsbury's is testing out reverse vending recycling machines, enabling customers to return plastic bottles and drinks cans in exchange for 5p coupons towards their shop.
9. John Lewis announces VR trial
John Lewis & Partners is testing out a new virtual reality experience called ‘Visualise Your Space’.
10. Walmart InHome Delivery service set for autumn launch
Walmart has unveiled InHome Delivery, a service which delivers groceries when customers are not at home.