Paris Retail Week highlights rise of Smart Phygital
The pair based this on an online survey of 4,000 consumers in France, China and the United States. The five trends as follows:
1. Today’s consumer expects retail to be accessible wherever, whenever.
2. 2018 marks the year of the acceptance and need for voice assistance.
3. Environmental factors are now affecting consumers’ decisions in retail.
4. Due to new data protection laws, data has become the new black gold, even for retailers.
5. New trendy discounts: A new way of seducing a generation whose financial means are inversely proportional to their power of influence.
“The results of the study show the rise of a new paradigm that we call Smart Phygital. During the 2018 edition of Paris Retail Week, nationally and internationally renowned speakers will analyse and debate this subject to provide essential keys to understanding for retailers,” says Arnaud Gallet, Director at Paris Retail Week.
David Mingeon, Deputy Director General at Havas Paris, comments: “With the multiplication of technological innovations, phygital is imposing itself in retail trade. Even though many believed that e-commerce would sweep shops under the carpet, a hybrid of on and offline commerce is emerging. This reshuffling is opening the way to new alternative players and novel practices.”
Sign up for our free retail technology newsletter here.